dinsdag 25 maart 2008

Blocking...

Since the previous method of animating obviously didn`t work for me, I`ve resorted to a more conventional method where I place the keyframes first (without letting maya interpolate the motion). This gives a much clearer idea of where the accents are and makes it way easier to time...tho I`ve done a pretty rotten job at it sofar. I`d rather not continue on it now, since it works so well I am affraid I`m gonna have to redo the whole thing when my final rig is done...
So, planning for now is first finish the final model and rig, then block in the whole animation. Time. Refine, refine refine...
The beauty of computer animation is, that I can refine the parts I`m happy with, leaving room for drastically altering the rest. I can even refine the model when I`m halfway done with animating. So yeah, tho I was a bit reluctant toward a `non-material` and over technical way of working, I am beginning to see the obvious benefit of being able to experiment throughout the entire production. I have yet to see if I`m going to be able to take full advantage of it, but I am being optimistic about it now.