woensdag 19 maart 2008

Another animation test

This is the second animation test I did. Used simple block with a heel-piece for the robot for now. Quite frustrating, the robot was really hard and I`m still far from satisfied with the result. Why is this so frustrating? The robot as a character moved very confident/straight. With as few keyframes as neccesary and without follow-through. Yet, because I have only some blocks to work with for now it is really hard to imagine them as being part of a machine...so, some arms to come.
As for the dancer...I changed the arm controlls to FK wich works better, except that I need to correct the shoulder so that it doesn`t move the entire arm anymore (this isn`t something you can see in the animation, but something I noticed while animating). The animation now, is a lot of swaying back and forth. And it seems more like she is pulling her foot out of a jam than that she is pushing off from the platform. For a lot of movements that originated from the hips I corrected the spine so she would be in balance. Now, that is pretty much `on key` with the hip motion. It`ll probably be better when that is off some frames to create follow-through.
But, by far the most frustrating thing of all is that I haven`t been able to put any character in it. Yes, it moves and perhaps convincing too...but no character; I`ll need to work on that. But I guess that I haven`t exactly made it easy for me...after all, how do you portray a clear character that is all alone in a very empty space?